Teacher of Week: Ms. Tymesha Hosch
Interview by: A Laya Burroughs
1. Was being a teacher your 1st career? No, I wanted to be in the WMBA
2. What made you become a teacher? I started tutoring and working with kids; and as I worked with them I decided I liked it.
3. What were you like when you were in school? A straight “A” student; who liked to talk a lot.
4. How long have you been teaching? I have been teaching for 14 years.
5. What other subjects, other than math, were you interested in in high school? Science
6. How does it feel to be a math teacher at the high school level? It feels good, but it’s challenging.
7. What college did you go to, to become a teacher? Voorhees College for Bachelor’s degree and University of Phoenix for my Masters degree.
8. What is your favorite food? I will say crabs, that’s my favorite food.
9. What are some of your hobbies? Basketball, chess, spending time with family and friends, and riding bikes (motorcycles)
10. What’s your favorite thing about CHS? When it comes to the teachers they are very original, you can always find people willing to help, and the kids are great.
We chose Ms. Hosch for teacher of the week because she is nice, she understands her students, she has a sense of humor, she’s a great teacher, and you can always count on her to be there.